WHO WE ARE
Nota Bene Learning Centre is a friendly, safe and therapeutic environment for learners who require individual and more specific attention. Our focus is to provide a facility which is committed to provide quality education in a holistic approach. We strive to provide a quality programme to enhance the development and skills of each learner with the help of educators, assistants and therapists. Each learner is unique and has the ability to improve. We aim to build a relationship with each learner and his/her family. The centre boasts with a specialised kinetics programme and on site therapists. The centre has aftercare services.
- To create a friendly, safe and therapeutic environment for learners who require individual and specific attention.
- To enable the learner to develop to the best of his/her ability.
- To create a programme specifically designed for each child’s individual needs.
- With help from educators and therapists, to develop a programme to strengthen each learner's skills and knowledge.
- To provide support and love to each child and his/her family.
- Providing a holistic approach to learning.
- To provide quality education specifically designed to accommodate each child’s individual needs.
- Providing learners with a carefully planned daily educational programme.
- Providing an after-care service.
- Providing on site therapy with qualified therapists.
- To equip each learner with the necessary tools, skills and knowledge to reach their physical, sensory, intellectual and social goals.
- To provide a safe, calm and therapeutic environment for each learner.
- To provide a programme designed to enhance motor stimulation.
- To analyze motor skill development, technique correction and also in determining the ability of a child to cope with the demands and play of everyday life.
- We will monitor and evaluate each learner with specific mechanisms to ensure that the learner reaches his/her goals.
- Working closely with therapists each child’s (IEDP) will be included in the daily learning routine.
- To provide each learner with specific needs with the tools to enhance their lives and boost their well-being and self-confidence.
- To create a caring environment where each learner can feel safe, reach full potential, grow and develop.
That learners will be respected and loved. That each learner will feel at “home” and safe. To create the perfect environment where they will be happy and where they can develop socially, emotionally and academically to the best of their ability.
For parents – To believe in us and to trust us with their child. To know that we will take care of your child as if they were our own.
Each learner’s curriculum is determined and implemented through an Individual Educational Developmental Plan. (IEDP) We aim to provide a holistic and multisensory approach. We are using the CAPS curriculum. A National Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) is a single, comprehensive, and concise policy document introduced by the Department of Basic Education for all the subjects listed in the National Curriculum Statement for Grades R - 12. CAPS gives detailed guidance for teachers on what they should teach and how to assess.
Edu-Kinetics will form part of our programme and two sessions a week will be included. All kinderkineticist's are highly qualified and registered with the South African Professional Institute for Kinder kinetics (SAPIK).
They are educated and trained in analyzing motor skill development, technique correction and also in determining the ability of a child to cope with the demands and play of everyday life. A qualified therapist will work with the learners twice a week in small groups to ensure that each child receives sufficient individual attention. Our curriculum aims to develop cognitive abilities, communication, social interactions and relationships, fine and gross motor skills, regulating behaviour and emotions.
ADMISSION / ENROLLMENT
The centre makes provision for learners with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other barriers to learning. The requirements for each learner is as follows:
- The learner should be able to function within a group.
- The learner should be between the age of 4 and 10 years.
- Language of instruction will be English and Afrikaans.
- Assessment and Evaluation reports are required.
Our screening team will assess and evaluate each learner before acceptance to the centre. The screening session and report fee will be included in our application fee. We have a one-week observation period where our team will evaluate each prospective learner to determine at which level he/she will fit in and benefit from what our learning centre offers. The observation period with evaluations are compulsory before any learner will be accepted at the learning centre.
Centre fees and all other services provided are payable strictly in advance, by means of monthly EFT or debit order. The yearly Centre fee is payable in twelve monthly instalments on or before the 7th of each month. Payments received after the 10th of the month will carry a late payment penalty fee of 15%, which will be charged to your account in the following month. If the account holder neglect to pay the account, the school may refuse the learner access to the school.
Notice: The account holder undertakes to give 30 calendar days’ notice of termination of the enrolment of the learner, failing which the liability has occurred for the full amount of the following month’s fee.
Fee increases will take place in January.
R 550.00 – Application and screening (once-off)
R 1 500.00 – Registration (once-off & non-refundable fee)
R 4 200.00 – Grade RR – Grade 7 (12x installments)
R 1050 – Aftercare service for Nota Bene Learners (11 installments)
R 500 - Lunch and afternoon snack option. (Monthly)
Nota Bene Learning Centre is open to all occupational and speech therapists. Therapy sessions can be scheduled with Nota Bene Learning Centre and can commence in the sensory room at the school’s premises.
All learners enrolled are also subject to additional therapy program. We will gladly accommodate outside therapists for learner sessions at our centre.
CENTRE TERMS 2020
We will be following the school terms as outlined by the Western Cape Education Department. The centre will be running a holiday programme during school holidays. Carefully planned fun activities each day to entertain our learners. This will be at an additional cost.
15 January – 20 March
31 March – 12 June
7 July – 18 September
29 September – 2 December